my skincare story is a long and difficult. I had acne from about the time I was 9 years old until about the age of 15 when I was put on accutane. My acne was so bad at one point that I found it difficult to sleep on my face! Needless to say I have used my fair share of skincare products.
since I’ve titled this blog post big sister advice I’m going to keep it short sweet and to the point (as I’ve learned I usually lose my own sister halfway through my wise and worldly advice).
- Don’t pick your face. This is a hard one and I find it difficult not to do. If compulsively picking or touching your face is a problem for you remember to wash your hands before and after touching your face and (if possible) wear gloves or put tissues over your fingers.
- Wash your face. This may seem like an obvious one but it is important to cleanse your face at least once a day everyday.
- Switch out your cleansers. Your skin will get used to one cleanser and the effect it used to give you will not be the same 6 months later. In the same respect, make sure the cleansers and skincare systems you are using aren’t too harsh for the stage your skin is at. (a great gentle cleanser is cetaphil)
- This is a side step from #3, but my favorite skincare system is the Clinique 3 step skincare system! I used proactive, clean&clear, and other drugstore brands and I found I saw a real different when I used Clinique consistently. The Clinique system is great because it gives you the ability to choose a line based on the oily-ness of your skin. As It may surprise you, just because you have acne doesn’t mean your skin is considered “oily”. Even though I am over my extreme acne I love using the 3 step skincare system to keep my skin in check.
- Be patient. I’ve heard this from about a million dermatologists. The truth is that with most skincare solutions your skin will get worse before it gets better. They tell you this on medication you will be put on and it is also true with topical creams/cleansers.
If you have any questions about skincare, acne or my accutane story please leave them in the comments on this post,on my Instagram or Facebook!
do you like this sister advice? what else do you want me to talk about? let me know!
pg soft saysJuly 28, 2022 at 7:40 am
pg soft can be played on all platforms. Supports all systems, 100% safe, can play 24 hours a day. The more you play, the richer you are.
gate io saysFebruary 10, 2023 at 12:23 am
Thank you, your article has benefited me a lot and helped me a lot. After reading carefully, I still have some doubts, would you like to help me solve it? I’ll be back often and follow up on this comment. thank you for your help.
Complete Beginner Tasks on gate io saysMarch 26, 2023 at 1:57 pm
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.