Well folks, here’s another one of those birthday posts. You guessed it! Here are 23 things I’ve learned after 23 years on this earth.
- Find your people. (the ones that understand you, that support you and that want the best for you. They aren’t always where you expect them to be.)
- Be mindful of what you are putting into your body.
- Don’t live reactive, live proactive.
- Take time to understand those around you. (how they communicate, what they like, what they don’t like, where they find passion.)
- That thing you want is probably cheaper on Amazon.
- There’s nothing better than a throwback playlist.
- Buy your friends with trucks coffee – even if they haven’t moved anything for you (yet).
- Don’t be afraid to make a change; big or small.
- Worry less about other people. (thx Fred)
- Do things alone.
- Spend time with girls.
- Feel less guilty about doing mediocre tasks.
- Ross and Rachel were, in fact, not on a break.
- Say no; and accept how that makes you feel.
- Workout. Just do it. Find your thing.
- Don’t glorify busy.
- Admit when you’ve made a mistake (even if it’s just to yourself).
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Recognize when other people need help, even when they don’t ask for it.
- Drinking as an adult has a new level of enjoyment.
- Fake plants are easier to keep alive and give the same effect.
- Have a savings account (and make sure to budget)
- You have to care but not that much. (thx Mom)
I hope some of these made you laugh or made you think about something. I am so excited to see what this year brings even if no one likes you when you’re 23.